So this will be a quick and easy post, but hopefully very helpful and informative! A lot of people get confused on exactly how to layer or apply their products properly, so here’s an easy guide:
- Cleanse (either gentle cleanser or miceller water)
- Tone/essence (if you use one)
- Eye cream (always before other products and only use your ring fingers to apply)
- Serum (not an exfoliator, but an anti-ager or hyaluronic acid , if you use one)
- SPF~ always your final step before makeup, think of SPF as your barrier of protection from the sun
- Makeup remover (either cleansing balm, makeup towelette or your first of a double cleanse routine, its SO important to get all of your makeup off!)
- Cleanse (this is where I use my foaming cleanser, or deeper cleanser)
- Eye cream
- Exfoliating serum (be it glycolic or retinol or prescription)
This is the most basic routine, 6 steps, or 5 if you don’t use a toner. Always layer products from thinnest to thickest, no matter what, but prescriptions from your doctor should always go first after toning, that’s just the rule.
Hope this helps! Any questions, let me know below!